Signal Hill provides a fenced in (single access point) area, on top of the hill. The view over the farming areas is advantageous, weather permitting. A distinguished feature is the radio tower itself, which can be seen from very far away.
Gear and Supply Storage
- A general variety of supplies have been spotted in the radio hut, some food items, a Rifle, Rifle Ammunition, Rifle Rounds, a Storm Lantern, Premium Winter Coat, and Cargo Pants. Due to it's limited size and use as a technical station for radio operators, not much else can be found, but it is usually worth the trip.
- Additionally, it's generally a good idea to check directly underneath the Radio Tower, itself, due to the possibility of a spawn of a Prybar and other items.
There is a Workbench available, if you can work alongside an old microwave oven that was left on it.
A double bunk-bed is available near the Workbench.
Near the entrance there is a first aid box under the shelf and three lockers. The radio controller room has a metal desk and a file cabinet. The bedroom has two lockers and a workbench with a drawer.
There is a Fire Barrel on the North side of the Operations Center. You can use a Magnifying Lens here, when the sun is available. The Fire Barrel prevents wind from putting out the fire - making it an ideal location to use the Magnifying Lens at!
- There are 3 Rose Hip Bushes near the North Side of the fencing.
- There are several Old Man's Beard Lichen trees near the South, North, and East sides of the fencing.
Mountaineering Rope Locations
- At the back entrance (where the fencing is broken), there is a rock that allows for the placement of Mountaineering Rope.
- Additionally, down the hill a bit, near a bear cave/spawn location, is an already-placed Mountaineering Rope designed to provide you with easier access and a faster means of getting up to and/or leaving down from Signal Hill. Optionally, you could remove this Mountaineering Rope and use it directly at the back entrance - the climb will be steeper, but you'll be avoiding the bear at the cost of further stamina drain.