From The Long Dark Wiki
Regions & Locations
- The long dark takes place in a vast and open world, spanning many different environments.
- The game is broadly divided into different regions.
- A region can be thought of as a map, comprising a vast open area which the player must explore in their struggle to survive.
- Each region has it's own weather patterns, and weather can vary wildly between regions at any given time. For example, a blizzard may be raging in one region while a neighboring region has clear skies.
- Locations are the specific landmarks found within each region.
- Locations are indoor and outdoor points of interest, such as a cabin the player can enter, or a peaceful lake you may camp beside.
- Each region typically contains multiple locations
- Some locations are dynamically generated when you begin a new game. Where you previously found a well stocked cabin, your next play-through may only contain a destroyed shell of a building, or nothing at all.
Regions[edit | edit source]
Primary Regions[edit | edit source]
Transition Regions[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Standard Locations[edit | edit source]
Special Locations[edit | edit source]