|Weight:||8.82lbs / 4.00kg|
The Hunting Rifle is one of three firearms (the others being the Distress Pistol and Revolver) present in game. It holds a maximum of 10 rounds and has a basic iron sight. It will usually bring a Deer down in one shot. Wolves can take 2 shots on the torso, but will die with 1 headshot. Bears can stand to 2-3 headshots, and 5 shots at his torso with full health. Since Rifle Rounds are rare and Rifle Ammunition even rarer, the Hunting Rifle is better used for defensive purposes only.
It can be repaired using the Rifle Cleaning Kit.
Possible locations where the rifle might be found.
- Trapper's Homestead
- Max's Last Stand next to a corpse
- Carter Hydro Dam
- Under the Train Bridge next to a burned out campfire
- Forestry Lookout
- Lone Lake Cabin (Behind the cabin, beside corpse)
- Behind Camp Office (on a trail, corpse)
- In the train wreck (derailment)
- Destroyed Forestry Lookout (Next to corpse by the campfire)
- Commuter's Lament (in the back seat of the car)
- Tiny Fishing Hut (between Jackrabbit Island and Misanthrope's Homestead)
- Misanthrope's Homestead, usually in the corner of the bedroom beside the wardrobe.
- Misanthrope's Homestead island (next to frozen corpse)
- Abandoned Lookout
- Next to corpse under bridge near 'Ravine' travel location
- Jackrabbit island cabin, next to wardrobe in bedroom
- Pleasant Valley Farmstead (second floor, under the master bed or in the office, propped against the wall by the cabinet.)
- Three Strikes Farmstead
- Signal Hill (inside Radio Outpost Hut)
- Myy Falls Picnic Area (next to a corpse)
- Storage Building, southwest of Farmhouse (next to a corpse)
- The Long Curve, inside car
- Under Broken Bridge - Cave by the Waterfall - Rifle is on some rocks in the upper level of the cave
- Hibernia Processing - Inside plant, crawl up the pipe and it is against the wall under the boat
- Hibernia Processing. (first floor, behind 3 crates that must be broken down)
- Hibernia Processing - second floor, under bunk beds
- Stone Church (Inside the church, propped up against a wooden wall)
- Car, behind the post office
- Milton House- Behind rocking chair
- Under Spruce Falls Bridge (by the car)
- Paradise Meadows Farm (on the bed)
- Cave near Radio Tower
- You can unload the rifle by selecting it on the bag and clicking the option "unload". All rounds/ammunition will be placed on the "materials" section
- Harvesting the rifle will give the player 2 Scrap Metals
- The hunting rifle is a Lee-Enfield rifle (as the advanced gun research magazine tells you), It has a 10-round capacity and are popular among hunting rifle enthusiasts.
- Being a Lee-Enfield, the hunting rifle seems a bit underpowered, as it takes 1-2 shots to kill a wolf, whereas in real life, some have used them to hunt dangerous game (safari-type animals). The Enfield rifles have also been used to extensive success in multiple major wars.
- Its weight is exactly on par with the real thing, 8.8 lbs or 3.9 kg.
- Per every five rounds loaded into a hunting rifle, the character will insert a stripper clip to load them.